Here at Talk in French, we understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. Rest assured that we take your privacy very seriously and we treat it with the utmost care. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
This website is founded by Mr. Frederic Bibard and its mission is to make language learning as painless as possible through building a learning habit and providing fun and engaging materials that would help sustain a learner’s motivation.
- Our Site and Subsidiary Sites including TalkinFrench.com, MyDailySpanish.com, MyEnglishRoutine.com, TalkinItalian.com, and MyDailyGerman.com.
- Our shops including Store.TalkinFrench.com and Store.MyDailySpanish.com as well as the products being sold on our subsidiary websites.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
How Information is Collected in Talk in French
There are different ways in which your data may be collected on Our Site. These are as follow.
Information collected via contact forms
We collect information that you choose to provide to us through opt-in forms. This includes your name and email which you may provide with us when you sign up for our newsletters or avail of our free offers such as PDF files or audio material.
Information collected through purchases
If you buy something from Our Store–an e-book, an audio book, or a podcast, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
Information collected via comments section
You may also choose to provide your personal data when you share details about yourself in the comments section. Please be aware that any data you provide on these discussions may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits Our Site so make sure that you do not share in the comments any sensitive information that you do not wish to be made public.
Information collected when you communicate with us
When you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any support requests, questions, or concerns, you may also be providing us with information about your name, email, account you used to purchase a product (in the case of returns or refunds and similar transactional concerns), among other data.
Information that is automatically collected when you visit Our Site
When you access Our Site, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain data about your visit using tools such as cookies and other similar technologies.
The information that may be collected automatically when you visit Our Site could include your IP address, operating system, browser information, computer or mobile device you use to access Our Site, a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to, as well as the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
A cookie is a small data file that websites store, through your web browser or or on your device, in order to remember information about you--but only if you agree. These cookies enable us to provide a better experience for you when you browse our website, make navigating Our Site easier for you, and they also allow us to improve Our Site.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on Our Site, to provide us with statistical data and other information about visitors to Our Site.
Our Site may place tags, which are referred to as web beacons, on pages on Our Site or in the that emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and they may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to Our Site, analyzing how users navigate around the Site, assessing how many emails that we send are actually opened and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on Our Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, quizzes, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links from Talk in French to other websites
On Our Site we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly advise that you review as well. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, or privacy policies of websites that we do not own or control.
Affiliate Links Disclosure
Talk in French may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate marketing programs such as Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com..If any pages on Our Site contain affiliate marketing links, it will be identified with a disclaimer. Linked websites for affiliate marketing may have their own privacy notices or policies.
Other third party tools that may collect data
Companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plugins that may appear on Our Site (e.g., Facebook “Like” buttons), may also use automated methods to collect information in relation to your interactions with these tools. This means of information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those third-party providers.
Why We Collect Data and What We Do With It
We use your data to provide the best possible contents, user experience, products, and services to you. This includes:
- Provide you with contents, materials, and products you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters or purchase a product form Our Store);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support in relation to Our Site and Our Store and its contents and products;
- Offer you products or direct you to other parts of Our Site or other websites, that we believe may be of interest to you or relevant to your language learning;
- To serve to you advertisement, contents, and offers based on your interests and online activities, from us or third party providers;
- Communicate about offers or promotions;
- Analyze, evaluate, and improve our business which may include assessing the quality of our contents and products.
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of Our Site.
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
How We May Share Collected Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. Under no circumstances will we allow that to happen.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors:
Contractors, consultants, employees, and other service providers we work with now or in the future may have access to information we collect through Our Site to perform work or tasks on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through Our Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance.
Third Party Vendors
We may share information we collected about you with third party vendors in order for them to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to you like:
- payment providers that process your credit and debit card information
- fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions
- email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you
- customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you
- Third-party vendors who assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns)
- those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers)
In addition, we may share information in extraordinary circumstances such as:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate safeguards including technical measures such as encryption, double opt-ins and other measures in data protection to protect the personal data you provide to us. We guard against any accidental, unlawful loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Having said that, we understand that it is not possible to guarantee the security of any information transmitted online, and you assume some risk with regard to the security of information you provide through any website, including Our Site. If you have a data security inquiry, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on Why We Collect Data and What We Do With It–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. This could be done through:
Disabling local shared objects (“Flash cookies”). We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage.
Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
After you have subscribed to our newsletters, you may do the following to withdraw your information.
Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of that email newsletter.
Withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in How to Contact Us, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this would limit our ability to provide the best possible experience for you when you use Our Site and Our Store.
Delete your account. If you have signed up at Our Store to avail of our products, you have the option to delete your account after, should you wish to do so. You can delete your account at the My Account page of Our Store. However, please note that doing so would affect your user experience and disallow you from viewing your previous purchases from Our Store.
Your Right to Access Your Data
You may ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cookies that we use on Our Site allow us to provide better content and user experience for you by helping us to understand what information is most useful to visitors. These cookies may be classified as follow.
These cookies are essential to make Our Site work correctly, they enable you to move around our websites and use our features.
Certain features of Our Site depend on these cookies to function. EU Cookie Law deems these cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
These cookies collect information about how you use Our Site, such as which pages you go to, the time you spent on which pages, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our websites.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and are anonymous.Therefore, these cookies do not identify you as an individual.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to provide you with content that is more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies remember that you have visited Our Site and this information is shared with other parties for online advertising purposes.
Most types of these cookies track users via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the content and products we offer. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, however while our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
These cookies track users via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
Our third-party partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our websites to allow them to deliver tailored advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google.
Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
In terms of duration of the cookies we use on Our Site, it would fall in either of the two:
- Session cookies. Temporary cookies that remain on Our Site until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies. Cookies that remain on your device for much longer until you delete them or depending on the duration of the specific cookie or your browser settings.
Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
How To Contact Us
If you have questions about this policy or about our privacy practices, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.